CNBC Africa: Celebrating the Game-Changers…
Africa’s prestigious business awards, presented by Johnnie Walker Blue Label, the CNBC Africa All Africa Business Leader Awards (AABLA) has announced the regional West African finalists for this year’s Awards.
The Johnnie Walker Blue Label CNBC Africa All Africa Business Leader Awards, acknowledges the true game-changers in the field of business on the African Continent and countries chosen for this year’s regional ceremonies including Nigeria (West Africa), Rwanda (East Africa) and South Africa.
To be hosted by The Intercontinental Hotel in Lagos, Nigeria, the West African round will take place on August 28th with a special post-event CNBC Africa broadcast on September 5th. The winners from each region will automatically become finalists in the grand finale to be hosted in the city of Durban, South Africa, later this year.
Now in its second year, presented by Johnnie Walker Blue Label, the CNBC Africa All Africa Business Leader Awards track the achievements of dynamic individuals as the continent itself begins to take its place at the world economic table.
Says Oscar N. Onyema, CEO of the Nigerian Stock Exchange and one of the judges for the West African regional finals: “When CNBC Africa approached me to serve on the panel of judges for the selection of various business leaders in West Africa for the prestigious Awards, I saw it as an opportunity to help project the core values of these individuals to the pan African stage.”
“Going through the rigorous selection process has reinforced my belief that there is no shortcut to durable success and the work ethic, professionalism and business dynamism that this year’s winners have exhibited is very inspiring. I commend the AABLA’s, presented by johnnie Walker Blue Label, for the diligence they put into the selection process, making it very credible”.
The finalist’s for each category in West Africa are:
Business Leader of the Year
· Jean-Louis Ekra – President and Chairman, African Export-Import Bank
· Segun Agbaje – Managing Director, Guaranty Trust Bank PLC
· Andrew Alli – Africa Finance Corporation President and CEO
Business Woman of the Year 2013
· Arunma Oteh – Director-General of the Securities and Exchange Commission, Nigeria
· Biola Adekanbi-Alabi – Managing Director, M-Net Africa Managing Director
· Sola David-Borha – Chief Executive: Stanbic IBTC Holdings PLC
Entrepreneur of the Year 2013
· Fabrice Sawegnon – Voodoo Group, CEO
· Tayo Oviosu – Paga Founder, CEO
· Sim Shagaya – Konga.com Founder, CEO
Young Business Leader of the Year 2013
· Obinna Ralph Ekezie – Wakanow.com Limited, Founder and Managing Director
· Jason Njoku – iROKO Partners, CEO and Co-Founder
“Johnnie Walker Blue Label presenting the All Africa Business Leader Awards is a great opportunity to recognise leaders from throughout the continent. This gives the finalists an opportunity to be showcased on a platform like CNBC Africa and also be recognised globally,” says Yunus Suleman, Chairman of KPMG and of the AABLA Judging panel.
For more information, go to http://www.aabla2013.com/